Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Simplicity 4589

This style top is really popular now, and I thought it would be great for really hot days made in a cotton lawn. My fabric is a cotton lawn from equilter.com. It was great to work with, so easy to sew. I made view A where it pays to mark your seamlines around the neckline to make it easier to sew. I didn't have any problems at all. I made french seams on the side seams and I used the technique explained in Connie Long's Easy guide to sewing blouses to neatly finish your facings (you sew the interfacing right sides together along the unnotched edge and then turn the interfacing, so that the glue side faces the wrong side, and press, Voila! your edges are enclosed and your facing is ready and very neat looking).
As for sizing, I used size 8 at the neckline and armsyce blending out to a 12 at the bust and a 16 at the hip.
I like my new top is very comfortable to wear. The skirt I made a while ago from a Burda WOF.

1 comment:

  1. What a great top. Thanks for the idea to make this pattern. I am thinking for me of using some black cotton voile...


I love hearing from you!