Friday, November 02, 2007

Patrones Extra Febrero 2006 Modelo 48 Dolce & Gabbana skirt


Well, I finally got to wear my Patrones skirt today to my interpreting assignment and had my mom (who graciously offered to watch my kids while I worked) take some pictures.

As you can see this is a very simple pencil skirt, two darts in the back, two in front, zipper on the side seam. I made myself work harder because it is from Patrones magazine. I am used to tracing because I make lots of Burda WOF, but Patrones is even skimpier in its information. For example, I did not know how low this skirt would sit on my waist(about 1 1/2 in), that info is not given, and usually you cannot tell by the picture on the model. I chose to line my skirt up the waistline and skip the facings. I finished the waistline with topstitching to secure the lining to the fashion fabric.

The jacket I am wearing is from a Burda WOF which I made a while ago, I am thrilled that I made myself an outfit with a piece I already had. The fabric for the skirt was in my stash, a satin cotton with stretch which I believe came from Joann's. The lining also from my stash came from a local fabric outlet store that has since closed.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Lisette, for the nice outfit! It is a great idea to sew garments to go with what you already have. More often than not, I sew something with nothing to wear with. I should do SWAP, but I don't think I can commit to a plan involving several garments. I think I am afraid of creating completely mismatched garments. What you did will work better for a person like me. I think I will pick a jacket or skirt I already own and go from there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great outfit! I always obsess over Patrones but I have yet to sew anything from any of my issues! I think a skirt would be the right place for me to start.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!