Sunday, November 04, 2012

A quick update

We are winding down in theater, I've done myriads of hems, attached do-das to costumes, helped in picking out costumes, recovered a few chairs, made cushions, recovered cushions, gone shopping with two teenage girls, made bow ties, etc. The best of all: teaching students to use needle and thread. I loved watching their faces as they concentrated to follow my instructions and how proudly they showed the others what they had done.

Here are a couple of pictures of apparently the last of the work. Dress rehearsals will start soon and some repairs might be necessary =)
Added a veil to a 1950s pill box hat
I made a yellow one earlier and now these 3 black ones


I got to look at my silk blouse the other day but couldn't move forward.



I have been knitting since I can do it while watching tv at night when I'm too exhausted to do anything else.

Hopefully I'll have something more exciting to show soon!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you get the thanks you deserve for your commitment to the costume department!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!