Friday, June 21, 2013

Burda 6-2013 Top 118, Modifying facings

I was surprised to find shaped facings in this pattern since the blouse I made not that long ago had the self facing used by RTW. Since my fabric is lightweight/sheer I did not want a big old facing on the front  so I referred to Claire Shaeffer's High Fashion Sewing Secrets from the World's Best Designers,
which explains how to add a self facing. In my case I already had a huge floppy facing =) so I cut it down according to her guidelines. Basically you need to figure out the width of your button band and add enough fabric twice to be able to fold it twice on itself. This is a wonderful book one that I refer to often.

Here is the pattern and how my blouse facing now looks after chopping off the facing.



Hope this is useful!

1 comment:

I love hearing from you!