Friday, July 27, 2018

Vogue 1567 Paco Peralta for Vogue Patterns




You might be asking yourself what am I doing wearing a fall/winter outfit in high humidity/temperature weather. It is a good question and here is why. I finished this outfit months ago and never had the chance to photograph it. When I saw that Vogue has fall patterns out and with the encouragement of my friend Paco I decided that now was the time to do it. Before I say anything, I love this outfit!!!!! I love the skirt and top and I love that the way I envisioned this pattern is what I got!!


Me imagino se están preguntando qué hago vestida para frío cuando hay calor y humedad. Muy buena pregunta y les digo por qué. Terminé este conjunto hace meses y no tuve oportunidad de tomar fotos. Cuando vi que Vogue había sacado los modelos del otoño me dije que aprovechara y acabara de mostrarselos pues además estoy encantada con él. ¡Me encanta este modelo! Y muy contenta de que como yo deseaba que me quedara así quedó.




The fabric for the skirt I bought at Fabric Mart (https://www.fabricmartfabrics.com/) when I visited the store with a group of sewers a few years ago. It is a wool plaid with distortion? In person it looks more of a plaid :-)


La tela de la falda la compré en Fabric Mart (https://www.fabricmartfabrics.com/) cuando visité la tienda ya hace varios años con un grupo. La tela es de lana con un diseño de cuadros distorcionado que en persona se nota el cuadro más.



The top is made out of ponte knit. I love the v-neck in the back.

El pulover está confeccionado de tela de punto (ponte knit). Me encanta el cuello de pico en la espalda.



Both fabrics came from my stash.

Las dos telas salieron de mi colección. :-)



The waistband is a little loose on me because I lost some weight after the skirt was finished. I plan to take some temporary tucks on the sides so that the waistband holds up the pleats a little better.


El fajín de la cintura me queda grande pues perdí peso después de haber terminado la falda. Planeo cogerle un pequeño pliegue en cada lado para que que los pliegues (que son bolsillos) tenga mejor soporte.






The skirt is completely finished with bias binding. The construction was challenging and required patience when it came to the 3 seams unions....but did I tell you how much I love this outfit? Totally worth the work!


La falda está completamente terminada con bandas al bies. La construcción tuvo sus momentos más trabajosos, especialmente en las uniones de tres costuras...pero les dije lo mucho que me gusta el resultado? ¡Todo valió la pena!




I like wearing it with a belt also.



I loved this pattern as soon as it came out and I'm so glad that I made it up. Another winner from Paco!


Me enamoré de este diseño en cuanto lo ví y estoy muy contenta que lo hice. ¡Otro bello diseño de Paco!


 I couldn't resist giving this last picture a fall filter.


No pude resister darle un filtro de otoño a esta foto.

5 comments:

  1. Great fabric choices - the whole outfit is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, wonderful on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely memories you will have of Paco. Your outfit is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!