Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Paco Peralta Wide Leg Pants and Burda Style Top 4/2014



I wanted to make this pants(bcnuniquepatterns, a design by Paco Peralta) during the summer but as it happens summer ended before I could. I then decided that they would make nice pants for transitional weather. I bought from Fabric.com a very lightweight cotton twill. It is not a very good quality fabric, a peril of buying online.


Quería hacer estos pantalones (un diseño de Paco Peralta, bcnuniquepatterns) este pasado verano pero se acabó el calor antes de poder. Por eso decidí que me vendrían bien para el otoño. Compré la tela, un twill de algodón bien ligero, en Fabric.com. No es una calidad super buena, lo que pueded pasar comprando sin poder ver.



This design is very generous with ease. I made a Medium and a Small would have worked for me (W30, hip 38 1/2), especially because my fabric while lightweight didn't have a lot of drape to keep the fullness as designed. Center front is flat, the elastic and casing stop at the pleat.


Este diseño es bien amplio. Yo me hice un Mediano y la verdad que el Pequeño hubiera sido mejor (mi cintura: 30 pulgadas, cadera 38 1/2 pulgadas), especialmente pues la tela aunque ligera no tiene mucha caída. El elástico llega hasta los pliegues del costado por delante dejando el centro (por la barriga) plano.















I am looking forward to using a fabric with a lot more drape for the next version. I took the above pictures on a different day so you could see the waistline on the pants.



En el futuro planeo usar una tela con más caída y hacer una version para el verano. Las fotos encima las tomé otro día para mostrarles bien el diseño.



I was looking through my collection of Burdas and I found this style that I have always wanted to make. I used a poly crepe from my stash.


El otro día estaba mirando mis viejas Burdas y encontré este estilo que siempre quise hacer. Usé un crepé de polyester que ya tenía.



I changed the neckline by adding an inch to bring it in. Sometimes ballet style necklines don't fit my narrow shoulders well. I like how it turned out. I added an opening to the back thinking I might not be able to get it over my head but I can...oh well.


Cambié el escote agregando una pulgada para que no quedara tan abierto pues a veces los modelos con ese tipo de escote no me quedan bien. Agregué una abertura a la espalda pensando que quizás no me cabía por la cabeza pero me pude haber evitado el trabajo pues no tengo que desabrochar el botón para ponermela.





The picture of this top in the magazine shows that the top is cropped. I added an inch to the length at but I always do but even without that extra inch it would not have been cropped on me.


En la revista el modelo se vé corto (llegando a la cintura). Yo agregué una pulgada al largo pero es algo que siempre hago.  Sin esa pulgada de extra aún no me quedaría tan corto.





I really like how this outfit turned out!


¡Estoy muy contenta con mi nuevo conjunto!



8 comments:

  1. I really like how this turned out too! Looks great on you, and I like the color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely outfit! You look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Irene! I am so happy my vision turned reality :-)

      Delete
  3. What a great outfit. I especially love that top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The top is a great pattern.

      Delete
  4. Fabulous makes, Lisette! I've made both those patterns also.I think the pants turned out beautifully and I second you on the ease... I plan on making another pair of plaid woolen, a fabric with less drape than the fabric I used on my first version.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!