Thursday, February 15, 2007

Vogue 8258








I have been wanting to make this jacket, Vogue 8258 in a winter version for a while.



After I worked out how I wanted to make it in wool I started seeing similar versions in Lucky magazine. Because the version with the ruffled sleeves called for a ready made ruffled lace there was no pattern so I made my own keeping the proportions used in the peplum. I used a lightweight wool blend to avoid a bulky look. I partially lined the jacket (again I made my own pattern following directions from Connie Long's Easy guide to sewing linings). Both the wool and lining were in my stash. I loved the way which in episode 8 of season 3 Project Runway, the designers used yo-yos as button/decoration. So I made mine in self fabric and closed the front of the jacket with hook/eyes fastenings (a close up can be found here: http://new.photos.yahoo.com/sabrina9642003/album/576460762364755278/photo/294928804223709156/3.


1 comment:

  1. Everything about this piece sings to me. Your construction is impeccable. Love the front closure and the yoyos. AND, serendipitously for me, I just purchased this pattern for myself at the JoAnn's sale. I want to copy you and make this of wool. Since I live in Penna and you're in Maryland, I guess you won't mind, right? Right?

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!