Sunday, June 03, 2007

Baby quilts for friends





These quilts took most of my sewing time the past few months. I got the patterns from the DIY network. I fell in love with the modern look of this log cabin pattern and I loved the colors which they used. They are both machine pieced and quilted, since they are for baby, durability and practicality is what you are looking for. My plan was to make one quilt for a friend due in July but had a lot of fabric left over and decided to use it up and make another for a friend who is also a neighbor and also due in July. I love the way they came out!! I hadn't quilted in a long time and found out I still enjoy it.



2 comments:

  1. I love the quilt you've done with the squares (I also love the name of your blog). When you get a free evening or weekend, let me know. I'd be happy to see the Gee's Bend exhibit again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great, thanks for pointing them out to me. I love this random patchwork style of quilting; it reminds me of Denyse Schmidt's quilting book. I am also using a kind of tan color as a base in my quilts.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!