Tuesday, March 25, 2008
New pattern for wedding dress
The picture shows what my future SIL decided on for her wedding dress. I know, I know it is not the dress I was working on. I will still make the Butterick, New Look blend because I fitted the new muslin I made and it looks great on her. I figure if I cannot get it done for the wedding parties, she can take it on her honeymoon which is not inmediatedly after the wedding.
So the new fabric and pattern...She chose a gorgeous silk shantung from B&J Fabrics and a Jackie Kennedy/60's style dress. I will be making the view with the sweetheart neckline. I just got my sewing machine back from maintenance so I will be quickly making a muslin of this pattern and sending it off to her for fitting. This time around I have a very good idea of her size and should be pretty straight forward.
In my next post I will show you all the new fabric I got and where, and I will talk about the dress I hope to be able to make for me to wear at the wedding.