Instagram

Instagram I'm on Instagram!

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Progress on my dress for the wedding






Last weekend I had significant chunks of time to work on my dress for the wedding.

I had already modified the pattern, Butterick 6582, a while ago, which included cutting quite a bit off the length (and then of course shifting the slit up). I underlined all pieces with batiste following Shannon's footsteps. One of the pictures shows the tailor's basting stitch that I learned to do from Threads magazine. I found out that I wasted some time basting what I thought was Sew-sheer interfacing to the facings and it turned out it was So-Sheer (fusing interfacing). At least I didn't ruin any pieces and just had to undo the basting and fuse instead.

The construction has gone well, this is a simple dress with an interesting neckline. The side seams are basted and now that I have the zipper I will put it in and see how it all fits. The fabric is silk taffeta from Kashi's Metro Textiles.

5 comments:

  1. It looks fab so far - can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS so far!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the fabric and can't wait to see it actually worn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Howdy neighbor! The dress looks good so far. Can't wait to see it on.

    Angela

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!