Thursday, September 15, 2011

Verena Knitting Summer 2009 #6 Apricot A line tank


Here it is this very simple to knit tank top with a swingy hem which you get with uniformly adding stitches. One thing I love about Verena Knitting magazine patterns is the finishing details, in this case you are instructed to finish the armholes and neckline with crochet, it makes all the difference in my opinion to a well constructed knitted garment.
This picture taken before blocking



The magazine shows this top being worn over a breezy blouse; I plan to extend the wearability by also using it as a layering piece once it gets cooler.

I used a linen yarn, more details at Ravelry.


This morning I had a very early appointment and it put me in a neutral color mood, I also wore a light tan cardigan for the cooler temperatures earlier.

4 comments:

  1. Very simple and elegant! You have so much talent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute top - it will be very versatile. I alos loved your son's cape in the last post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful top - I love the relaxed gauge. I bet it is very comfortable.

    Totally agree about fnishing handknits with a crochet edging - that is my edging of choice as well.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!