Sunday, July 22, 2012

Forida Vacation

This year for vacation we went to Florida. We spent about 5 days in Sanibel, enjoying the beach and the warm gulf waters. The rest of the time, 5 more days, we spent visiting family and surrounding attractions. Hope you enjoy my pictorial trip!

This was the start of our nature walk at "Ding" Darling National Wildlife Refuge

The best part of Florida vacation, anoles! Used to try catching these when I was a kid, my kids still chase them.

Yum! Sea grapes...


Although we enjoyed our 4 mile walk, other than anoles and a few birds, wildlife was no where to be seen... The only alligator we saw

The shade and water provider in action


Leaving Sanibel we stopped at Edison and Ford Winter States, Ft. Myers. I fell in love with the location, the houses, porches and the gardens.





Fairy tale banyan trees

The living room at the Ford family winter home




Lunch stop in historic Ft. Myers






 Canoe trip, my boys and my niece


Honorary Floridian hippo


Taking shelter from afternoon storm

Manatees one of the main attractions at Homasassa



Busch Gardens



One of the highlights of the Busch Gardens visit, feeding the lorikeets



Great vacation! Glad to be home!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a wonderful time. Looks like a phenomenal place to visit! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!