Tuesday, August 07, 2012

What I'm knitting

 Although I still have knitted garments that need seaming, I didn't have anything on my needles (well I have a "Missoni" style scarf that is my easy portable project) so I started this cardigan in the spring planning I would have it for the summer to use in air conditioned rooms. The pattern is from Filati Pocket which has a great selection of styles from a number of their publications. I think this issue is still available at Barnes & Noble and Joann's.
I'm using a cotton yarn ,GGH Scarlett, which although a bit splitty, has a very pretty shine and drapes like I hope it would. This design is a nice change from the lace top I worked on before. The only deviation from stockinette stitch is the lace detail on the sleeves.

I finished the top from Vogue 1247, pictures to come later. I also have planned the next project, still summer sewing.

Just one more...I went to Ikea to buy some bedding for my oldest move to a dorm in the fall and couldn't resist this embroidered pillow. The hydrangeas are from my garden and the Dr. Seuss was a gift from the Seussical production team signed by all the kids =). In the background is a diorama made by my oldest in photo class and a picture of my boys from long ago. After I took the picture I realized there were quite a few things in it that make me smile so I had to share.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!