Thursday, October 25, 2012

The Filati Cardigan

 Knitting from an European magazine is like sewing from Burda, the instructions can be sketchy but with simple designs you will probably be fine. One huge advantage is the designs are always timeless or fashion forward and the shaping is always good.
 This very simple cardigan has only the pretty lace detail on the sleeves
 The fit is pretty wonderful, in my opinion.
 Here is the link to Ravelry
 I added one inch to the length of the bodice, which I usually do.
 The cardigan is the only thing made by me.
One of my students told me she liked my outfit today, "it is very hip!" She made my day!

10 comments:

  1. Tu alumna tiene toda la razon! "A very Hip Teacher!"
    Me encanta el cardigan! Lo venia siguiendo desde el post anterior...me gusta el calado de las mangas
    Y me encanta la espiga que usaste para unir las mangas con el torso y el detalle en el frente del cardigan. Es punto arroz?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely sweater for the fall. Nothing better than a hand knit:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No tengo ni idea de punto, así que tu chaqueta me parece, además de preciosa, muy dificil de hacer. Y tu alumna tiene razón. Los pantalones con la chaqueta son de 10

    ReplyDelete
  4. She was right, your outfit does look very hip and I am still in awe of your knitting skills!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Florencia, la banda esta hecha a punto "garter stitch", no se como se dice en español pero es todo derecho. Ahora estoy trabajando en otro que usa doble punto arroz que nunca habia hecho.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cardigan! Filati patterns are great -- the designs and fit are wonderful, but I agree, the instructions can be challenging!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cardigan, you did a great job. Love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisette el cárdigan se ve precioso, espero que te haya dado calor al paso del Huracan Sandy y que toda tu familia se encuentre bien.
    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous! I love the details at the placket and sleeve. The whole outfit is quite nice, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hola Lissette: A ese punto que me lo mencionaste en Ingles ("garter stitch") En Argentina le llamamos Santa Clara. El Arroz Doble es un punto precioso tambien.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!