Wednesday, July 23, 2014

A perfect ending


My family and I spent the last week in the Yellowstone area. This is the second time we have been there, loved it so much the first that four years later we returned.

Mi familia y yo pasamos la semana pasada en el parque Yellowstone. Es la segunda vez que vamos, la primera vez nos gustó tanto que volvimos cuatro años después.


When we were in Minnessota waiting for our connecting flight I decided that I would after all join sewing friends at Winterthur to see the Downtown Costume exhibit. So on Friday, we arrived at 11:00pm on Thurs, I got myself together and drove into Delaware.

Cuando esperabamos el vuelo de Minnessota a Baltimore, decidí que iba a encontrarme con mis amigas que se iban a reunir en Winterthur para ver la exhibición del vestuario de Downton Abbey.  Así que el viernes cogí el carro y me fuí para Delaware.

Karen, Andrea,me and Bonnie


We had perfect weather that allowed us to visit the beautiful gardens.

El tiempo estuvo perfecto para visitar los bellos jardines.




And the clothes...

Y la ropa...
Edith's wedding gown

One of Mary's dresses

Cora's dress?

Mary's dress when Matthew proposed.

Mary's, an Edwardian dress

Also had a very nice conversation with one of the ladies answering questions and found out all sort of wonderful details about how some of the outfits were put together.

Tuve una conversación muy agradable con una de las señoras que trabajaba en la exhibición y me dió muchos detalles de la confección de los vestidos. 



Karen has been writing wonderful detailed posts about the exhibit, please go check it out!

Karen ha estado escribiendo acerca de la exhibicion no se lo pierdan!



I had a week of inspiration and now I'm hoping to get to my sewing machine!

¡Mi semana estuvo llena de inspiración, ahora espero poder usar mi máquina de coser!

3 comments:

  1. What a great shot of the four of you! And so glad that not only did you have a great time on vacation but also at Winterthur!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Disfrute leyendo tus comentarios y, por supuesto, mirando las bellas fotos.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!