Tuesday, July 08, 2014

A stripey skirt for the summer



I chose this pattern to highlight the stripes in this pretty fabric that came home with me from Austin.

Escogí este patrón para lucir la tela de la cuál me enamoré en Austin.



Simplicity 2413 uses the same pattern for the front and back, cut on the fold which I wanted to limit piecing with my fabric.

Simplicity 2413 es un patrón que tiene sólo una pieza para alante y atrás cortado en el doblés para disminuir el tener que empatar las franjas en la tela.



It has pockets and a side zipper. I cut the waistband on the bias for interest.

La salla tiene bolsillos y el zipper en el costado. Corté el fajín en el bies para alegrar el diseño ;-)



The sizing is a little off, make sure you flat pattern measure. I did and made it a little too lose at the waist, oh well it's very comfortable to wear.

Tengan cuidado con las medidas, estén seguras de medir bien el patrón antes de cortar pues el patrón está un poco pequeño. A mí la cintura me quedó un poco grande pero yo siempre tengo miedo de que me quede chiquito.




The hardest part of the construction? matching stripes at the side seams. I'm pretty happy with the result.

Lo más difícil de este diseño? El conectar bien las franjas en las costuras. Estoy contenta con el resultado.


4 comments:

  1. Very cute, and I really like the diagonal waistband. The fabric is a great inspiration too. A great way to use up some scraps on a piece of plain fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute and summery! Bet you'll wear it non-stop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute skirt in really unusual fabric - and definite proof that it can be a good thing to wear stripes horizontally!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful skirt. I thought for a moment that you'd sewn the bias strips on yourself.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!