Sunday, July 09, 2017

Vogue 1550 Paco Peralta design for Vogue Patterns



I had been working on the culottes for a while. I wanted to make sure the fit was perfect since it would be very difficult to go back and adjust the side seams with the silk organza insets.( I'm making views C and D, above).

Me tomé mi tiempo trabajando en los gauchos. Quería estar segura de que me quedaran bien pues iba a ser difícil modificarlos después por la tira de organza que va en las costuras laterales.



I had to wait for the silk organza since I only had black at home and I wanted it in off white. I used a cross dyed linen from my stash which I love.


Tuve también que esperar a que me llegara la organza pues en casa sólo tenía color negro y yo quería usar un color crema.. El hilo que estoy usando ya lo tenIa.




I learned a new technique to finish the facings around a zipper and I love it. Tany showed how she used the technique as explained in the Sewing Divas blog.

Aprendí una nueva tecnica para como terminar las vistas que están alrededor del zipper. Tany mostró como ella terminó su zipper siguiendo las instrucciones en el blog de Sewing Divas



The culottes are done now and I'm starting on the top.

Los gauchos ya están terminados y empecé con la túnica.

5 comments:

  1. Oh I can't wait to see this outfit finished! One piece down...one more to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to look gorgeous! Can't wait to see the whole outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you find that the zipper is necessary? I'd love to eliminate it if possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm referring to the top! Can it pull over your head?

      Delete
    2. There's no zipper in the tunic, the tunic pulls over your head easily.

      Delete

I love hearing from you!