Thursday, July 27, 2017

Vogue 1550, a Paco Peralta design



When choosing your sizing for the tunic, even though this is a designer pattern, follow your usual Vogue Patterns sizing. Keep in mind though that the armholes are higher than usual. Since I always cut an 8 at the shoulders and upper chest and then go out to a 12 at the bust, I needed to also drop the armhole a 1/2 inch  lower. If you don't do this transition I think you will be fine, and the higher armhole is a nice fit.


Cuando escojan la talla para este patrón, aunque es un patrón "designer", escojan su talla regular. Las sisas están cortadas más alta que Vogue regularmente tiene. Yo siempre tengo que cortar un 8 en los hombros y en el pecho un 12. Por esto encontré que tuve que bajar la sisa una media pulgada para que me quedara bien. Si no haces esa transición entre las tallas no creo que tengas problemas.






I followed the instructions for the mitered corners, this was a new technique for me, and they turned out fine.


Yo seguí las instrucciones para crear las puntas de la túnica y no tuve problemas.





I am thankful that Tany posted her reviews and tips on how to insert the organza strips, they were so helpful in this project. This was an outfit that took time but I enjoyed it and I'm happy with the results.


Estoy muy agradecida que Tany escribió acerca de éste diseño y que dió consejos de como mejor agregar las tiras de organza. Este es un conjunto que tomó su tiempo pero disfruté el proceso y estoy contenta con el resultado.
Tali wondering what I'm doing.

14 comments:

  1. This outfit looks absolutely amazing! I was waiting to see it, and it was the first thing that popped out at me when I opened up the computer to have a look at a few blogs. Gorgeous!
    Love your furry friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Irene! I'm glad you like it.

      Delete
  2. Yes you look fantastic. Very flattering style. And the colour is perfect for you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comment!

      Delete
  3. Lisette, te ha quedado GENIAL! Me encanta todo (soy fan de este modelo), sobretodo el color, que es tan original y único! Enhorabuena!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been admiring that pattern since it came out and you look great! Elegant and calm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And easy to wear also. Thank you!

      Delete
  5. Precioso Lisette y te ves fantástica. Un abrazo amiga.!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully made and very chic on you! Ole!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!