Friday, June 15, 2018

Vogue 9237 A line dress



I was so busy with work this past semester that I did not sew a single thing. But as soon as the semester ended (and grades were in!) I started sewing. Of course I did have some incentive Pattern Review Weekend in Stratford, Ontario.


He estado tan ocupada con el trabajo este pasado semestre que no cosí nada. Pero en cuanto mandé las últimas notas me puse a coser. Por supuesto tenía una meta, el viaje a Stratford, Ontario con Pattern Review.




The first project was this Vogue dress that I had had for quite a while. I came across the fabric in my stash (bought during PR weekend in NYC, but not last year's trip, at Metro Textiles). It is a cotton with some stretch with good weight to show off the A line shape of the dress. I chose to make the view with the neckline opening.


El primer proyecto fue este vestido de Vogue. La tela estaba en mi gran pila (la compré en New York pero no en el viaje del año pasado en Metro Textiles) Es un algodón con un poco de Lycra, un poco paradito para que funcionara bien con la línea A del vestido. Me gustó mucho el modelo con la abertura en el cuello así que ese hice.


I made all the usual alterations I always make, no extra changes or issues with fitting.


Todos los ajustes al patrón son los normales que siempre hago. No tuve ningún problema.




This print combines some of my favorite colors and I love the dress.


Este estampado tiene unos de mis colores favoritos, me encanta el vestido.




Pictures were taken by Ellen (@eebashaw). We paired off during the weekend in Stratford to practice taking better pictures following the tips Gillian (Crafting a Rainbow blog)gave us during one of the presentations at PR weekend. I think she did a great job!


Las fotos las tomó Ellen (@eebashaw). Nos emparejamos para practicar el tomar mejor fotos aplicando los consejos de Gillian (Crafting a Rainbow blog) que presentó durante la reunión de PR. ¡Yo creo que tomó muy buenas fotos!

2 comments:

  1. Your smile! So beautiful...I love your dress and it looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dress is beautiful and that first photo is so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!