Monday, September 08, 2008

A change of plans

I have a wedding coming up and so I decided I needed a new dress. I found a beautiful rayon print and matched it to Vogue 7793 (OOP) which has been in my stash for a while (as has been the fabric). After modifying the pattern I found out not even shortening the skirt by several inches could I fit the pieces in the yardage I had. So I remembered it this Burda WOF 3/2008 116 dress was a runner up for this fabric. I have loved this design since I first saw it, and even more so after I saw Trena's version in a knit. So I have traced the Burda and it is ready to be cut.

I am making the short version but using the sleeves on the wedding dress using the rayon print below.

Because I had spent the time with Vogue 7793 I decided that instead of putting it away I would look for another fabric (as my mom said "I'm sure you have some other fabric in your stash that would work"). Well I found a beautiful cotton lawn that I bought in my only personal visit to Metro Textiles. Because of the light weight of the fabric I'm interlining the bodice and adding a lining to the skirt, using white cotton batiste also from Metro Textiles.

Have a great day wherever you are!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!