Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A rainy field trip

Today I went to the National Gallery of Art in DC with my son's high school. Both the art class and the photography class went and he is in both. I hadn't been in the West Wing where mostly the classical works are exhibited in a while, my family enjoys the East Wing with its modern displays and special exhibits more, so I comply since I enjoy both.

It was a nice surprise to go from room to room and still be able to identify the painters; my son was impressed and you know is hard to impress a teenager so I was happy. We had terrible weather but as the teacher says it discourages the kids from wandering outside.



Above is a painting I had never seen before. It is by Leonardo Da Vinci, my son said it look like a dead Mona Lisa.

Hope the sun is shining in your part of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!