Tuesday, November 10, 2009

My first stitching passion


A couple of weeks ago I woke up to 1/2 inch of water around my water heater; it seems overnight it sprung a leak. About $400 dollars later we got a new one installed and a major part of our storage had to be moved. In storage I had quite a few pictures of my cross stitch projects, so I photographed them to share. I picked up cross stitch when I first moved to Maryland back in the 80's. I made many pieces, a lot were given as gifts. After a while I realized I couldn't fill my house with pillows and frames so I expanded into quilting, knitting and fashion sewing. I still have some that I started and a couple that need to made into pillows, one day I will finish them.





I had just gotten my first dog, Echo, and I was in love with my little rascal!


This is one of my favorites, I love 30's fashions and this is reminiscent of a fashion plate; it hangs in the sewing/guest room.



I made this one to display along with wedding photographs of my parents and my husband's parents at our wedding.



This is the cover of my stool for my vanity. It is covered with clear plastic ( I know I know), it is the only reason that it still looks this good.


After I stopped cross stitching I made a few needlepoint pieces, this one I hope to make into a pillow eventually.


When visiting Winterthur, Delaware, I fell in love with this kit, I really do plan on finishing it!

I hope you enjoy them!

2 comments:

  1. I needlepointed and cross stitched at one point so I understand the passion. It is very calming to just sit and stitch. Your pieces are amazing and far better than anything I produced!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really brought back some memories. I stopped cross-stitching about 20 years ago in favor of quilting but still have all my supplies and unfinished projects, including the lady in the old-fashioned wedding dress. I think you have inspired me to complete that one.
    Sarah in California

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!