Friday, February 18, 2011

Addressing comments on V8663

the slapdash sewist asked me to share any tips on handling the facing at the neckline for Vogue 8663 and whether I had modified the skirt to give it more swing.

I did not use facings on this pattern as you can see in the photos below. The pattern instructed us to use pre-packaged bias seam binding to finish the neckline. I did not think this treatment would work well for my fabric so I just turned the allowance to the inside, top stitched and then trimmed close to the stitching.



I did not modify the skirt, this pattern has a swingy skirt.

*********************************

Gail suggested that if I had a purple cardigan/jacket it would work very well with this dress.

Gail I actually tried on my purple cardigan on first and liked it, but I was in a monotone mood that day and went for the black. Great minds and all...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!