Friday, September 07, 2012

Vogue 1250





Recently Catherine reviewed this dress saying that she was probably the last person to make this, well...now I'm the last!

I was hesitating to make this one because the pattern pieces were oddly shaped and I knew that I needed to add at the hip. Below you can see how I did it.

It wasn't difficult, I traced the shape of  the dart and then placed the tracing under the tissue paper to retrace at the spot where it would give me the extra ease I needed at the side.  I really like how the dress turned out, I hope to make more. What made me decide to go for it? At NYC  PR weekend, I was able to try on the dress since Karen had made it; even though it was tight around the hips, I really liked how the bodice looked.

The fabric is a rayon knit that I loved on Carolyn and ordered right away. From her post I can see I aged it a bit ;-)

Vogue 1250 has been made many many times, so I wont reviewed it over at PR since I have really nothing earth shattering to add.

I braved going outside in 90 degree weather and killer mosquitoes so I wore the dress with sandals. I'm looking forward to wearing it in the fall with fall appropriate shoes/accessories. If you haven't made it go for it, really I think it looks better in person than in pictures!

15 comments:

  1. Last or not, you look wonderful in the dress and your fabric choice is wonderful. Love the print. Love the hot pink sandals as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a very nice looking dress on you. I'm glad you had success. I still have the pattern in my stash but I have not sewn it as of yet! Maybe soon I'll get around to V1250.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! This print is gorgeous and the Vneck is so feminine and flattering. I think it looks great as a summery number and will look terrific in your autumn too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I looked at your lovely dress and thought the fabric looked familiar, didn't realize why until you provided the link! I'm glad you were able to adjust the pattern to fit you, because you look great in this dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another beautiful and flattering rendition of this pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The fit is great and it looks terrific on you - well done for joining the V1250 band wagon. Time for me to make another one I think.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this pattern deserves the accolades it has received. Looks great on all comers. Love your fabric choice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your version! Great fabric choice and it is really flattering on you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a real winner on you, Lisette! I still haven't made this dress.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh, nice. Perfect fit for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Este vestido es perfecto para tí, si me permites decirlo. Me encanta el estampado y el ajuste es perfecto. Seguro que tendrá mucho uso en esta próxima estación.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Me encanta como te quedo este vestido! El estampado es precioso! Ya me lo estoy imaginando con un cardigan y un cinto finito para la temporada entrante.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did a great job with it!
    (

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks great, I love a black and white print. Thanks for the shout-out! I've just cut out my second one of these...seems like once you start you just can't stop.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't made it yet, but was encouraged by how great yours looks, as we have similar figures.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!