Friday, January 04, 2013

Have you seen CBS Elementary?




 While I lay around hoping this cold gets better, I watched the newest episode of Elementary and then started to search for info on the wardrobe worn by Lucy Liu, who plays Joan Watson, Sherlock's companion.

Can I just tell you how much I love the clothes? Love, love, love
 Of course I'm going to sew inspired garments! I already have a top I finished before the New Year and it is waiting to be worn and shared. I'll tell you how that top came to be and although the inspiration did not come from the show, I believe it fits right in.



The one piece I was smitten with is this dress

The dress by designer Yigal Azrouel
On the show Ms Liu wears it with a button down white shirt ( I figured out how to do screen shots!) and it is just perfect. I have never heard of the designer but I am in love with so many of the pieces! I am going to try to reproduce it, with a more modest length of course.





A couple of more outfits


 This site has a lot of pictures and info about the show and  a how-to-get-the-look using rtw.

Anyways hope you enjoyed the ramblings of my congested head ! =)

11 comments:

  1. I thought I was the only one who was drooling over her clothes! Her wardrobe department has definitely got NY Chic down perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me encanta Lucy Liu, a mi marido más jejeje, el vestuario de esta serie tiene muy buena pinta, puede ser lucido por mujeres de verdad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I love this show and I love Lucy's wardrobe on the show! I love the blue dress with the blouse underneath -- can't wait to see your version. I hope you get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have seen the ads for the show but never watched it. I love a show where the women wear wonderful clothing, Bones, Downton Abbey, Sex in the City. Ooh that Yigal A dress is wonderful. Go for it! I have seen some other sleeveless dresses worn over blouse. I need to try doing that with all the Vogue sleeveless dresses I have made so I get more wear out of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't had a chance to really get into the show but I do sometime find myself in my mother's room when she is watching it. I love her clothes on this show. From the pictures you've shown I really like the gray and black striped jacket and the cream jacket in the first picture. I can't wait to see what you do on that dress. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of this show, but I'm definitely with you on the clothes. I love her easy glamour and laying.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're right, that is an awesome wardrobe Dr. Watson has! I love everything you've posted!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love shows where the women have a unique style! I like how Watson (Liu) wears lots of layers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. muy bonito el vestido azul , me ha encantado el post! ;)
    http://pescadilloderio.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think Youtube should do a feature on Elementary wardrobe particularly Joan Watson. love her style. I design a lot of her sets on polypro check it out here http://www.polyvore.com/joan_watson_elementary/collection?id=2423640

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think Youtube should do a feature on Elementary wardrobe particularly Joan Watson. love her style. I design a lot of her sets on polypro check it out here http://www.polyvore.com/joan_watson_elementary/collection?id=2423640

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!