Sunday, February 17, 2013

A quick update

I finished Dorothy! And I did not take a single picture! This is how crazy things have been! But don't worry there will be plenty of pictures when the show starts. I did all the binding like I wanted and it turned out perfect and a perfect fit! The actress was thrilled.

I will show you the bolero I'm still working on for Glinda to wear. It looks great with the dress we are using. I will take pictures soon. Here is the pattern Burda 7686. It turns out while I have tons of bolero patterns they were all for knits and I really didn't have the time to think about allowing  ease and so on, so I bought one for wovens.



It turns out I won't be making the lion's costume which gives me more time for the 18 capelets I am making for the Poppies to wear to simulate being covered with snow. I will be making view A from this super cute reprint of a 1948 pattern.



Can I tell you what a wonderful chaotic, fun, and exhilarating day I had yesterday? The lady who has the majority of the costumes we use came in and we fitted the majority of the cast (close to a 100!) Later will come adding those details that finish a look and repairing and final fittings. I am very lucky to have the help of another mom who is creative as well as fun and easy to get along with and she can also handle a needle when necessary!

I apologize for my lack of commenting on your blogs, I will have a lot to read when the craziness dies down! I hope that you are all well and creating some wonderful garments for me to admire later on!

5 comments:

  1. Madre mia, que trabajo te espera mas el que ya has tenido. Ya nos enseñaras fotos! Un beso y animo

    ReplyDelete
  2. 18 capelets? that's crazy!!! It sounds like you're very excited and having fun! Mom of the Year once more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your creativity. The kids are so lucky to have you. Looking forward to the show pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! So glad the Dorothy costume turned out well -- I can't wait to see the performance photos! And BTW, you are definitely crazy to sew 18 capelets!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are sewing up a storm! I'm sure the production is going to look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!