Monday, March 11, 2013

Wish me luck!

Today is the costume parade which is when the director and I review all the actors in costume and approve, note changes to be made, etc. There are close to a 100, yeap. This weekend I also found out that this time around the harnesses for flying come out at each hip instead of out the back, so on Glinda's dress thankfully that spot fell at the end of the bodice so I was able to open up seams at each side and secure for the clips to come out. Now I have to deal with the witch's costume and the monkeys.

The capes got done this weekend!I brought them in to school just needing hooks and eyes sewn on and the actress who plays Dorothy who is a sweetheart sat with me and together we finished 13 sets (I had already finished 5).

I also have to grade the exams I gave my students last week and prepare for classes this week. This weekend both my kids were preparing for math exams so after the craziness of theater I had to put my thinking cap and do math to help them.

Did I tell you the show opens a week from Thurs? I have to tell you that I am a little overwhelmed, but I won't admit it to my family. In two weeks the show will be over and I can go back to my usual normal.

So anyways, wish me luck this afternoon!

8 comments:

  1. Lots and lots of good thoughts are coming your way. You are so creative and talented, not only with your designing, but in all aspects of your life. A little, maybe a lot:) like super woman!! I know you will get through these next weeks....beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You won´t need it! You are going to shine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:55 AM

    You are one busy lady! Good Luck! but I don't think you'll need luck, you've got the talent. Now if you only had a wife, right?

    MB

    ReplyDelete
  4. La mayor de las suertes Lisette! Todo va a salir a la perfeccion!
    Cariños.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck. Take a deep breath and let it out slow. You can do this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck! Exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope opening night was spectacular!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!