Friday, May 16, 2008

Burda WOF 2/2008 Knit top 123 view A



This top did not catch my attention when I first saw it, in part because the model was wearing it like it would not stay on your shoulders, but after I saw many reviews in PR I decided that it was really cute.

I used a very stretchy jersey from my stash. I think because it is so stretchy the shoulders pull down a bit(I made my usual 38 at the shoulders). I eased the waist band into the top with no problem but I did gather the sleeves (since the gathers don't go all around) before I sewed the sleeve band. I also added clear elastic to the neckline before I attached the band there. I finished the band hem on the inside by enclosing the seam allowances but instead of sewing it all by stitching in the ditch (which the instructions recommend) I sewed it by hand.



Here is a closer view. I really love this top. I got to wear it yesterday because we had beautiful weather here and received lots of compliments. Today we are back to raincoats...



And the beautiful necklace I'm wearing was designed and made by Trena. Go check out her shop at Trena B designs, it'll be a treat!

6 comments:

  1. That's a beautifully sewn top, and the fabric is perfect for the style. Love the color, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are making me want to attempt that top!!! Love the color on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the top! I love the neck line!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola Lisette.- Te dí respuesta de inmediato en mi blog. Te he puesto un enlace que puedes visitar en el blog de Summerset. Espero que te sirva de ayuda. Gracias y saludos desde Barcelona. Paco

    http://bp1.blogger.com/_dFe36O-U-4g/R34h7n1L_WI/AAAAAAAADnQ/aDuZalAmkoY/s1600-h/Jan+008.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisette.- hola de nuevo. Acabo de leer el post completo de Summerset. Ella define este tipo de cierre como "loop" (disculpa pero en mi blog estaba mal escrito....ufff.). Si no se abre el enlace, revisa bien este blog que te digo y en las entradas de enero-2008 (blusa blanca jardin de medianoche) están las explicaciones completas. Gracias de nuevo `por tu atención. Un abrazo, Paco

    Te dejo mi mail para cualquier duda o consulta : pacoperalta7@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!