Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween



My kids today woke up fever free and as the day went on felt well enough to go trick or treat. The weather did not cooperate and it has been raining on and off all night, so we did a quick run and returned home with full baskets (neighbors were afraid of low showing due to weather so they were more generous than usual).

My teenager wore the cloak I made for him last year and the youngest was a knight. For the knight outfit I once again used the pattern I have been using for 3 years now to make the bodice armor, the pants are from a McCall's pajamas set and the helmet I found instructions for here.







This is the sword my husband made, he also made the shield. The sword turned out fantastic, is made of wood and then carved and painted. My son is thrilled with it.




Happy Halloween!!!

3 comments:

  1. those are awesome, and the red on the knight is really neat. i hope they stayed dry trick or treating! we didn't get many people up here because it was raining all evening! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great costumes! I love the knight's helmet and that sword is a work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad they are feeling better...it has been a terrible flu season this year! The costumes are really kewl!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!