Sunday, January 31, 2010

It's starting to look like a coat!



If felt wonderful to sew seams...and I'm happy with how the it is coming along. I like having the seams marked, even though it is very labor intensive to thread trace. All the pieces are fitting in so nicely.

I also made a sample of a double welt pocket. I decided to follow the directions in Tailoring:The Classic Guide to Sewing the Perfect Jacket. For me it had the clearest instructions and pictures to go with it that made the perfect sense to me. I am really pleased with the way the pocket turned out and I will use this type and method to make under the flaps on my coat.

2 comments:

  1. It is looking great so far. I agree that book has great illustrations, I've used it too :) Your pocket looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very professional looking pocket. Nice work. Sew on!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!