Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Ready to padstitch



I finally had some time this weekend to work on my coat and you can see how far along I am in the pictures. I am now ready to padstitch, I actually started late last night. Once that's done I'll finish shaping the coat front(applying tape to the lapel and securing the hair canvas).

Next I'll practice with bound buttonholes. It seems it would be easier to do them now before attaching the side and back, but all tutorials I've read wait. Is there a sound reason for waiting? I hope my more experienced readers can enlighten me ;-)

2 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to seeing how you get on with your bound buttonholes. I've never made any myself but would love to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never done bound buttonholes so I can't speak to them specifically, but I always do buttonholes last just to make sure everything lines up. If you're precise, maybe you can bend that rule?

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!