Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Chaqueta de Paco - Construction






I have all the pieces cut out for the jacket (lining and hair canvas for hems also!) so I started construction about two days ago.

In the picture you can see the facing sewn to the bodice.

The fabric some of you might recognize it was sold at Joann's two years ago maybe? and it was featured in the Vogue Patterns magazine as a jacket. The lining I'm using is a rayon I bought from Michael's Fabrics a while ago. I'm using hair canvas for the hems because I did not want to fuse interfacings since the two quilted fabrics are synthetic and I believe the batting is polyester.

I'm following the steps of construction that Tany blogged about and so far all is going well.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

In my area last night we had snow followed by a layer of ice. After helping my husband outside (really he did almost all!) I went back to take some pictures, it was "popsicle land" out there!


4 comments:

  1. Your jacket looks more and more intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting fabric - it reminds me a little of your icicle photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to seeing this jacket made up. Lovely pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see your jacket. Did you get that fabric from JoAnns? I remember seeing it there. I have seen quite a few versions of this jacket and I really like it.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!