Sunday, January 30, 2011
My Paco original design jacket
First I wanted to thank you all for your well wishes after my "incident" at the dentist. The stitches came out Thursday when I braved the roads after the storm on Wednesday that left me without power for 3 days and nights (we hit a low of 41 F/5 C by Saturday in the house when our power was restored around 1:00pm). I was warned by the surgeon that I can't laugh too hard or open my mouth too wide; in 6 weeks he'll show me how to massage the scarring (which I can hardly see yay!).
Anyways my jacket is done! I used a totally different fabric from the two jackets Paco has made and what Tany used, which gives my jacket a different look.
I had reinforced the fronts of the jacket with hair canvas but because the collar wasn't laying down nice, I removed it from the collar area. I still can't get the collar to lay down perfectly, I think it is a function of the quilted fabric doubled up on the collar.
I followed Tany's construction steps so I'm skipping the details. I also used Paco's tutorial for inserting the lining. I love the way the facing at the hem comes out!
For the in-seam pocket I followed Paco's tutorial. The pocket pattern includes a facing and is inserted after the seam is done (the pocket opening is sewn with basting stitches.
The button was in my stash and I thought it looked well with this jacket.
I can't say enough about how nicely this jacket went together. All the markings are perfectly placed to insure precise construction. Like Tany I placed both Paco's and my label on the jacket.
I will make this jacket again with a lighter fabric next time.