Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Vogue Knitting Crochet dress




This is the Michael Kors crochet dress from Vogue Knitting issue Winter 2006/2007, that I blogged about. The yarn I used Gedifra Mayra was a pleasure to work with and I adore the color. It took me a while to figure out the right size to make since my yarn was a substitution, but once that was done the different stitches are easy to memorize. The skirt is worked in the round, the front and back separately but attached to the waistline, and then the sleeves are made and sewn in. This is the Ravelry link







Reverse single crochet edging




Hem detail


Reverse single crochet is used on the neckline and the sleeve hems

Am I proud of my dress?, oh yes! I really like how well the dress fits. This is my second crochet garment, the first was this skirt.

16 comments:

  1. This is incredible! I used to crochet a lot until my wrist gave out, so I know how much work went into this. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely lovely! You look wonderful. But what a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Lisette, your dress is very beautiful! But what comes on Rively link? Is it a desctibtion how to make this dress? I am not registerd there and would be very thankful for the answer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really really pretty. Congrats on sticking with it and finishing. I'll bet is feels good to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How long did this take to make?
    It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love your dress you should be very proud it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ravelry is a site where you can find information on many knitting and crochet patterns. In your account you can catalog all the projects you work on and information like needle sizes, yarns and any changes you make to the pattern. It is like Patternreview.com for knitting/crocheting! It is free to sign up.
    The pattern for this dress is in the magazine Vogue Knitting Winter 2006/2007; they have patterns available for sale at their website, but I don't know if this one is one of them.
    Thank you so much for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You finally finished it. Lisette, it's lovely and you look great in it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what an elegant and flattering dress.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the explanation )))

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your dress is so pretty and flattering. You obviously are an expert crocheter.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many beautiful stitches. Very impressive and it looks lovely on you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really fantastic! I cannot imagine how much time this took. I like the shape of the skirt a lot--so much texture!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is really beautiful! What a great job and what a lot of work. It is also very flattering.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's very pretty, and not granny-square-ish at all :D

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!