|A little wonky on the hanger, the side seams are just pinned|
I had to change the way the dress is put together because I'm adding a lining that will help support the pocket/bag that I hope will hold the tail that can be pull out on stage when her tail grows. I could not finish the neckline with the outside facing as instructed so I added an inside facing to finish the neckline and attach the lining. I also added more swing to the skirt by adding a wedge at center back and front and since it is on the short side it should give the actress plenty of room for dancing and such.
Here is the opening for the tail.
I need to add the lining/facing and the sleeves, which I'm adding to the teacher's request.
If my idea for the growing tail works, I'll share it with you just in case one day you need to costume Gertrude!