Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Undercollar


I spent yesterday working on the undercollar and I'm thrilled on how it turned out. It's amazing that those little pad stitches can shape so nicely. I had padstitched before using sewing machine methods, this was the first time I did it all by hand.


As you can see I'm also thread tracing (not as nice and straight like Tany's), so although I'm hoping that I will have a fabulous coat to wear at the end this project is all about the process.

Here is the collar so you can see the roll line, the stand and the fall. My pattern did not include a roll line so I figured it out by looking at my muslin.


**************************
So based on all the responses I have received to my previous post and my own preference, I'm going with "design feature" for this coat.

More to come...

3 comments:

  1. Your padstitching looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:43 PM

    The padstitching looks great and makes a big difference. I have never done it and must try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're doing great and thanks for mentioning me!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!