Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Burda WOF 5-2008 Dress 121 Review
Today I got to wear my red dress so I wanted to share it with you.
This dress looks very easy to construct but the bodice is very labor intensive. The facings construction takes a while to figure out, it was a great help to read Tany's description on her blog. Like her I thread traced the facings and did a lot of hand basting.
I eliminated the wrap like so many reviewers did; I had 3 yards of my knit and that was enough for the simple skirt. The waistband as designed also is a wrap but I couldn't figure out what the instructions were telling me to do and I had decided to cut a simple panel and add the ties to the side seams.
Make sure you stabilize the shoulders your preferred way, I used Seams Great, because the skirt adds a lot of weight.
I love my red dress!