Friday, July 22, 2011

Burda Style 6-2011 dress 107



This is another one of those simple to sew patterns that Burda is favoring. Because the fabric I used was pretty sheer, a cotton lawn from my stash, I underlined the dress with cotton batiste and then treated the pieces as one. I used the facings that are included for the version that is not lined and stitched them by hand to the batiste for neatness.



I only had difficulty when it was time to turn and stitch the hem on the cut-on sleeves, being this is a woven fabric it wasn't cooperating so I trimmed the hem to about 1/4 inch and that worked. I don't know if there is another way of doing this type of sleeve hem when there is no lining involved.



I included the pockets so when you use them you can see the A line shape of the dress. I did take the dress in at the side seams in the bodice quite a bit, it was looking to much like a house dress, so I gave it some shape.





I fell in love with these shoes when I saw them at DSW, I guess the feeling was mutual because they followed me home =)



++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

One more...

My son turned 17 yesterday. As we sang happy birthday he was holding the phone so that his girlfriend who is out of state could be part of it.

7 comments:

  1. Very nice summery dress prefect for hot summers. Unfortunately it would not be so appropriate for the wet and gloomy days we have had in my part of France since early July.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an adorable dress! Great for this hot and humid weather we've been having!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a very pretty dress, and looks so cool and comfortable at the same time. I LOVE DSW. It is shoe-heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOvely dress and perfect shoes to fnish off your outfit.

    Happy Birthdday to your son :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty fabric and the dress looks very cool and comfortable. The shoes are perfect for the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dress looks so cool for summer. The fabric is very pretty and the shoes - swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!