Monday, July 25, 2011

Airlie Gardens, North Carolina


When on vacation in North Carolina, we drove to Wilmington to sightsee. I wanted to visit Arlie Gardens which had been closed the last time we were in the area. I will tell you that I fell in love. These are more architectural than botanical gardens, lots of structures, statues in wonderful garden rooms. Above and to the right is the Minnie Evans Sculpture Garden, inspired by a painting of the artist.


I loved the shrine to Aunt Jemima and Frangelico!

The oaks were breathtaking.


The Pergola Garden, doesn't it look like a movie setting?


The serenity garden


Sculpture hanging from the ceiling at the butterfly house
The real thing which I was thrilled I captured with my camera!


A hidden garden



I hope you enjoyed my tour of the Airlie Gardens and if you are ever in the area, don't hesitate and visit!

7 comments:

  1. How lovely. The mosaic sculptures are beautiful and fit the setting very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tour! That was lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the virtual trip to the Gardens. It looks very peaceful and warm - lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must have had a wonderful trip to the gardens. Amazing place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww...what a great southern garden!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Preciosas fotos. Gracias por compartilas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful trees! Those oaks are just magical... thank you so much for the "tour"!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!