Sunday, August 14, 2011

Hortensias en mi mesa


I cut these hydrangeas from my Annabelle shrub yesterday. They start out pure white and as they get older they turned this beautiful bright green, lovely no?

Notice my tablecloth? It is vinyl, of the wipe to clean variety, I loved the gingham print with the daisies. Before I had children I swore I would never have a vinyl tablecloth on my table, of course that changed after I decided I did not want to change tablecloths every day. Right now there is a flannel pad with protective vinyl finished underneath the cute gingham. One day I hope to be able to completely clear my table in between meals and show off the beautiful table I careful chose years ago.

Have you seen these beautiful oilcloths? They surely elevate the homely vinyl to a new level

6 comments:

  1. great link
    i wish i had bought that oilcloth I saw in Costa Rica several years ago...it was a toile copy, dirt cheap in a tin shack of a rural shop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hydrangeas are lovely against the backdrop of your tablecloth. As a result of your post, I'm re-thinking oilcloth, in a good way. Although we don't have children at Cat Fur Studio, we make quite the mess at dinner. The oilcloth might well be a way to have our cake and eat it too, so to speak. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that hydrangea! It is so cool that it was white and is now green!!
    Thanks for your warm wishes on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love hydrangeas. I don't think I am familiar with this variety. Thanks for sharing. It's funny how things change when we have little ones! You did find a cute print.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The hydrangeas are beautiful. As for the vinyl table cloth, it's pretty. It looks nice and fresh like a early spring morning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful blossoms. I love how they turn to that pretty green. I bought some oilcloths years ago in London and love the designs and praticality....and we don't even have children:-)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!