Friday, August 05, 2011

McCalls 6165


I have been seeing this style of top all over so I decided to give it a try. Being that I am a pear I was always hesitant to wear this much fabric around my hips. I fell in love with Connie's top, she looked so chic wearing hers. So what do I think? I think I will like it better styled for fall/winter with a long sleeve top underneath and leggings and boots.

This was very simple to make, I made all construction in my serger (yay!) except for the topstitching for the hems. The fabric is a cotton knit left over from pjs for my son; because there is no lycra in the fabric I did not want to use any pattern that was fitted and needed a knit with good recovery, so this pattern was perfect.

Isn't it great that we can be brave and try a style we are curious about without spending a lot of money?

Flower on one of my datura plants
The view from the side

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful top! Looks so cool and summery. Looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great top - suits you really well! Interesting flower too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may be a pear, but a very SMALL pear! Your top is totally cute. Eerything does not have to be form fitting to look smashing. This is an example.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the top on you, I think the colour is perfect for you and looks so fresh paired with white pants.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The drapiness and the cut go very well together, and this looks fabulous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that top so fresh, perfect for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That top looks great on you. I love it. I just picked up a new Vogue pattern where the bottom is similar to this top that you are wearing but it's fashioned for the more colder months with long sleeves.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've also ordered the Vogue pattern. It has much less volume at the base. I'll let you know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!