Thursday, October 06, 2011

A baby quilt


Today I mailed the package with this quilt which is going to good friends' baby girl born the weekend of Irene (so glad she didn't get named after the storm!). Like I said before I thought it would have gone faster but I got a little fancy with the quilting, really it was more that you had to maneuver the quilt all around the needle to make the rectangles inside the blocks. I love how it turned out and I hope they enjoy the bright cheery colors I picked for them!


I have been wanting to make a modern backing and I thought this design went well with the quilt top, just pieced left overs from the top and used a pretty Kona solid. The binding is a Kaffe Fassett print that I found at a local shop.


Here is the tutorial I used for the quilt top.

Next up the Burda dress. I'm feeling much better and I am ready to sew again!

7 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful quilt and such a perfect gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun and cheerful quilt for a baby girl. I'll bet the recipient is thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the original backing! What a beautiful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilt - I love the colors and it's so [perfectly done! Congratulations:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great quilt - I am itching to finish somw quilts, so this post makes me itch more so!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just lovely! I love the cheerful pretty fabrics you have chosen, and the recipient will love it, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!