Thursday, October 27, 2011

Butterick 4080 and what I'm knitting


I hope this is the last apron I show you for a while! =). This apron had the big ruffles on the shoulder straps that the Peter Pan director (drama teacher) had requested. I changed the pockets to make them practical, since Nana (the nanny/dog) carries stuff around and she needed a place to put it. The pocket tops are finished with purchased bias binding.


The fabric I used for the ruffles and ties was lightweight so I doubled the ruffles and I used a stiff netting sandwiched between the layers to make the ruffles to "perk up".


how shoulder straps attach to waistband  

******************************
I have a number of knitting projects all on the finishing stage. Since I can't have some knitting when watching tv and I am bored with the Missoni scarf currently in progress, I started a new project. It is a dress from Phildar in a yummy merino wool yarn.

6 comments:

  1. That will be such a cozy dress! Love the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a nice green that you've chosen for the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love aprons. This white one is beautiful. Wow, knitting a dress! And I think I'm something to knit a version of KateMiddleton's shawl! I'm using one of the many "Kate" shawl patterns I found on Ravelry-UbitiquousKate. I ordered KnitPicks Gloss fingering weight yarn in red to knit it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where did you find the waffle-weave fabric from? I've been searching for some.

    Cute apron.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, knitting a whole dress is pretty major! But it is going to be so lovely... I love the colour too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, I love that Vogue dress!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!