Monday, November 07, 2011

The swing cardigan


I finished knitting this cardigan (Bergere de France Swing Cardigan) in the spring so I put it away to be sewn until the fall, therefore it is now making its appearance.

I like it but I was disappointed with the sleeves I thought they would be more bell like. I really couldn't make many changes to this because I was very limited by the amount of yarn I had. As it was I had to send away for an extra skein, after having paid quite a price for this kit; I found I didn't have enough yarn to finish the collar. It is simple to knit, the designs on the sleeves are purl stitches that you incorporate following a chart.

Here is the project page in Ravelry

5 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful jacket, cardi, sweater. Your knitting is awesome. I'm knitting "Ubitiquous Kate" shawl, a free pattern on Ravelry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful cozy sweater. I hope that you soon forget the little disappointments of the project and just enjoy wearing it. I really is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Looks great, I love it! I am finishing now a grey west. Grey is also my favorite color at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every time I see your knitted products I think I really must learn to knit! I also like your costume making in the last post and the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a knitting queen as far as I am concerned. Love the detailing around the sleeves. Like Sue I wish I could knit.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!