Instagram

Instagram I'm on Instagram!

Monday, June 01, 2009

Burda WOF 4-2009 101A



I finished this skirt just in time to wear for my meeting with Cidell. Please excuse the wrinkles I had been wearing it for a while when I took this picture. This skirt took longer to construct than I thought it would, in part because life got in the way and partly because of the facing construction which was a bit confusing. Other reviewers found it confusing too and I believe we all just did our own thing; Karen documented her steps better than I could explain it here.

I found Guttermann topstitching thread in the same color red and I like the way it shows. The opening with the buttons is fully functional except that the skirt has a side zipper, so you could just sew it up and use the buttons as decorative and still get in and out of the skirt just fine.



The length on this pattern for a 5'6" me ended above my knees, I wanted it a little lower so I made a 1/2 inch hem finished with bias binding. The fabric is a stretch denim from EmmaOneSock which has been in my stash for a while.

One more photo to show the topstitching

2 comments:

  1. Very nice result! This skirt has given a lot of people fits. The topstitching thread really does match perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a very pretty skirt in a lovely color!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!