Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Textured Circle Shrug



So I finally finished this shrug that I began with the KAL over at Lion Brand. I'm glad I did it this way, there was something about the way the instructions were written that threw me off, I'm sure it was just me so I was glad I had her (Stephanie Japel) expanded instructions with detail photos to guide me. This is basically knit in a circle (hence the name) with increases in key areas to give the shaping. The 1x1 rib and then the seed stitch border took forever but it was easy knitting.

I love the color of this yarn (Universal Yarn Deluxe Solids) but it is 100% wool and quite itchy specially in 80 degree weather. I plan to wear it on top of long sleeved tops.

Ugh! looking at these photos reinforces that I need to do something about my tired looking hair...

4 comments:

  1. that's adorable! the front shaping is so pretty, and like it's almost a ruffle but not quite at the bottom. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the shrug and its vibrant color. Looks great on you.

    You have a great blog. I'd love for you to come and visit my blog. I just made a Vintage Vogue Original 1944 Design, V2858. On the previous page you'll find a dress I made from an original 1974 pattern that I found in an antique store. I call that post The Lady in Lavender. And lots of other things in between. Hope you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisette,
    Beautiful shrug, gorgeous color!
    Saludos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I love EVERYTHING about this. I love the texture, color and fit! Oh to be a great knitter :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!