Friday, October 16, 2009
Burda 8906 Boatneck top
This pattern is now out of print, I've had it for a long time. I finally decided to try it to use up a remmant from my Madison Avenue dress. I really like boatnecks but I usually don't have much luck fitting them on me. I have very narrow shoulders (there are 3 size differences between my shoulders and hips) and these type of necklines are always too big on me.
In this pattern the opening is too wide even though I made my usual Burda size at the shoulders. Also the shoulder width seems extremely narrow to me, it doesn't look that way in the pictures on the envelope. Because of the width the neckline never stays nice and straight, it deeps in the front; I believe it is also too high. The neckline and armholes are nicely finished with binding.
I had high hopes for this pattern but it needs work to fix the above problems. Nonetheless I wore it today like this. The sweater I knit a while ago from the Spanish knitting magazine Katia.
We've had two days of miserable cold, misty rain, which will continue at least for another day, I hope the sun is shining wherever you are!