Tuesday, March 08, 2011

I was weak


I went to Joann's yesterday to buy thread and buttons for the My Image dress I'm ready to sew. I was happy that I found buttons I liked and then I decided to check on the patterns and saw that the Simplicity patterns were on sale. I bought a couple of the Lisette patterns and then saw what I think are perfect coordinating fabrics to use with Simplicity 2211, I want to make the longer skirt and short sleeve blouse. I really loved the color of the teal twill and finally settled on the irregular polka dot lightweight cotton for the top.


A while ago I asked my best friend from college, who is Brazilian and living in NYC, if she had heard of the pattern magazine Manequim. She told me she remembered her mother using it and would see if she saw it in the city. Two days ago the magazine came in the mail. I haven't looked through it yet, I've been trying to find some quiet time with no luck the past few days, but I can't wait!


More soon!

4 comments:

  1. You got a Menquim magazine! Yay! Wish it available and priced like a subscription to Burda. Can't wait to see what's in your issue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that blouse & skirt pattern- I think it will look so spring like & gorgeous in the blues :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing like new sewing stuff--nothing! Make some beautiful things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the polka dots! I wouldn't have been able to resist either. Curious to hear about Manequim! Do you read Portuguese?

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!