Wednesday, March 16, 2011
My Image magazine Winter Tunic 1010
I loved many of the designs of this magazine's first issue and after making this dress, I'm glad I went ahead and bought the spring issue.
I lengthened the pattern so that I could wear it as a dress, and as always used multiple sizes (38-42) to get the right fit. I also lengthened the bodice after measuring the pattern. The instructions,I read to look at order of construction but this was an easy dress to put together, all the pieces fitted well together. There are many seams (princess on the back, and the skirt has 6 panels) so lots of opportunity for nice fitting.
Because the fabric I used, cotton knit from Michael's fabrics, is very drapey my collar wont stand up to fill in the length of the tabs. I cut them to fit over the folded collar. As you can see in the above picture the shoulder seam is falling off my shoulder a bit; I don't know if this is due to the weight of the fabric pulling or if the 38 in these patterns has a wider shoulder than Burda. It doesn't bother me enough to pull out stitches and re-sew though =0
I'm very happy with the dress, I'm glad I got to wear it before the temperatures go up.