Thursday, July 02, 2009

Sometimes you need a good night of sleep

And it made all the difference. After reading Gail's comment and doing some more thinking I tried fitting the pattern with the selvages going left and right and what do you know? I only lost 1/2 of hem and the dress pattern fit! I like the arrangement much better this way. In the picture you see back and front and the yoke on the back. I traced some of the fabric onto the tracing fabric to make sure the front and back were the same. Because of the length constraint I couldn't get more creative. I did get the rust color stripe as close as possible to the waistline to draw attention there. The yoke I did cut going the other direction just for fun. I

I'm happy with my decision, we'll see how it looks all together.


  1. Glad I could help. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

  2. This is looking really interesting now. I looked and looked at those graphic pieces of fabric but couldn't "see" anything in them. I'm glad you've found your vision!


I love hearing from you!